Hulled Hemp Seed
Hulled hemp seeds are one of the best sources of vegetable protein in the world. They're highly versatile, easily digestible and they taste delicious. Hulled hemp seeds are whole seeds after the crunchy outer shells have been removed. This removes the source of insoluble fibre, increases the protein level and decreases the carbohydrate content. It also makes them more tender to eat.
Hulled Hemp Seeds at a Glance
- Nutritionally Dense: Hemp is high in nutrients but low in calories and carbohydrates. It contains minerals, vitamins, lean proteins and all nine essential amino acids.
- Highly Digestible: Hemp seed (unlike soy) contains no sugars or trypsin inhibitors (which interfere with the digestion of proteins) making it 90% digestible.
- Usage ideas: Use in bread, bars, snacks, or as a protein booster, topping, milk, or spread.
The Blue Sky Difference
- Blue Sky wholesale hemp seeds are kosher, non-GMO, nut-free, and dairy-free. Our production adheres to the most rigorous food standards in the business.
- We take extra safety steps on our food processing line to maintain an exemplary level of nutrition and flavour from our products. This also works to extend the product shelf life.
- Our commitment to whole plant utilization enables us to deliver exceptional value to our customers and a low carbon footprint to the planet.
Characterization: Wholesale Hulled Hemp Seed. Available in conventional and organic.
Sensory Profile: Small, creamy nuts with little green specks and a light nutty flavour.
Grain Purity: Hempseed cleaned to 99.95%
Application: Use in baking for granola, bars, snacks, or as a protein booster, yogurt or salad topping, milk, spreads and more.
Facilities: Nut, dairy, and gluten-free. Processing in accordance with Food Safety Systems.
Usage: Best if used by 18 months from the date of production.
Storage: Maintain in a cool dry environment away from oxidation, heat or sunlight. Humidity 30-50% at <20 °C / <68 °F
**Product is not packaged for retail sale. The material must be re-packaged to conform to CFIA and SCFR Regulations to be re-sold to retail consumers.**